At MoEngage, we take the security of our systems and applications very seriously, and it is our constant endeavor to make our applications and infrastructure a safe place for our customers to use. However, in the rare case when some security researcher or member of the general public identifies an issue/vulnerability in our applications/systems and responsibly shares the details of it with us, we appreciate their contribution, work closely with them to address such issues with urgency, and if they want, publicly acknowledge their contribution.
How to report an issue?
If you happen to have identified a vulnerability on any of our web properties, we request you to follow the steps outlined below:
1. Please contact us immediately by sending an email to [email protected] with the
necessary details to recreate the vulnerability scenario. This may include screenshots, videos or simple text instructions.
2. If possible, share with us your contact details (email, phone number), so that our security team can reach out to you if further inputs are needed to identify or close the problem.
Do’s and Don’ts
- We urge the researchers not to disclose any identified and/or reported issues over any public forum or to third parties till we completely mitigate the issue. Our security team will work with you to estimate and commit to fix the issue within a reasonable time frame.
- If the identified vulnerability can be used to potentially extract information of our customers or systems, or impair our systems` ability to function normally, then please refrain from actually exploiting such a vulnerability. This is absolutely necessary for us to consider your disclosure a responsible one.
- While we appreciate the inputs of WhiteHat hackers or researchers, we may take legal recourse if the identified vulnerabilities are exploited for unlawful gains or getting access to restricted customer or system information, or impairing our systems.
- We strongly suggest researchers restrain from using any and all automated security
tools and third-party websites for testing applications/infra belonging to MoEngage. Any such incidents will be considered as an attack on our assets and will be met with legal recourse.
- Any issues that require MoEngage employees/users to interact in order to exploit the issue are considered invalid.
- Any issues that require an outdated browser and application are considered invalid.
- Any issues that require physical access to our systems or infrastructure are considered invalid.
- Any issues that are already known to us internally or reported externally are considered duplicate. Your report should be the first to consider it a valid issue.
- We also request you not to attempt attacks such as DOS, social engineering, phishing, etc. These kinds of findings will not be considered valid, and if caught, might result in the suspension of your account and appropriate legal action as well.
- You are obliged to share any extra information if asked for, refusal to do so will result in invalidation of the submission.
Responsibility at our end
- We will be fast and will try to get back to you as soon as possible.
- We will keep you updated as we work to fix the bug you have submitted.
- The Thank-You section will be updated only once the vulnerability has been fixed.
We do not have a bounty/cash reward program for such disclosures, but we express our
gratitude for your contribution in different ways. For genuine ethical disclosures, we would be glad to publicly acknowledge your contribution in this section on our website. Of course, this will be done if you want a public acknowledgment.
MoEngage Contact Details
We provide easily accessible information via our Platform or on request. If You have any questions or requests related to this Policy, please contact us at the following contact details –
Please contact us at [email protected] or [email protected]
315 Montgomery Street, 10th floor,
San Francisco, 94104,
1st Floor, #32, Salarpuria Tower II,
Chikku Lakshmaiah Layout,
Luskar Hosur Road,
Bangalore – 560034,